As someone who loves to write, reflect, provoke thought, and create understanding, I stumbled across the most compelling blog:
I kept debating whether or not I actually wanted to blog about this because it touches on several personal areas, but it helps me explore my emotional side, so I'm deeming it relevant. The premise of the experiment is simple--two friends try dating each other for 40 days to overcome their relationship hang ups. They've set ground rules for their relationship, and do a daily reflection by answering the following questions:
- Did you see Timothy/Jessica today?
- What did y’all do together?
- Did anything interesting happen?
- Did you learn anything new about Timothy/Jessica?
- Did you learn anything new about yourself?
- How do you feel about this relationship/project right now?
- Is there anything that you want to do differently?
- Additional comments?
Oh man, the day I stumbled upon this gem, I couldn't stop reading it. I found emotions pouring out of my logical self--identifying with both Jessica and Tim. People are complicated creatures. The way in which two human beings can relate to each other is phenomenal.
I'll keep this posting short and let you discover your own emotions about this experiment. Feel free and hit me up to discuss. It was a pretty intense read for me, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.